I managed to squeeze in a few minutes today to work a little on the configuration and managed to make my first call. Unfortunately the PC I am using is not really suitable for anything but for test calls but I got the general feel for what Cisco are trying to achieve. I think they have achieved an interesting integration that will have some legs although after working through the documentation I think deploying this in a multi-cluster (CUCM) multi-pool (OCS) environment of large enterprises would have some challenges in regards to getting the registry settings to the right user. It would certainly take some good planning let’s put it that way.
The AD integration worked pretty well and I am pretty sure I could make some registry tweaks to improve the initial logon. My next biggest challenge will be setting up the correct dialing rules for CUCM. Should be interesting.