Level 1 - Easy peasy lemon squeezy (that is British for, "yes, its f@#$%^ easy")
Level 2 - A little harder but my 10 year could still work it out
Level 3 - I might need some help, please standby
Level 4 - Please help me I just had a brain hemorrhage
- IFTTT - This is the easier of the two examples to work through. If This Then That makes setting up integrations pretty simple with click and go work flows.
- Zapier - Along the same lines as IFTTT but allows more complex work flows and trigger scenario's.
- api.ai - Now part of Google this cool NLP platform has a lot of prebuilt NLP domains for you to use to get you started. It also has the ability to host the integration to Spark to leave you to do the business logic which it has the ability to integrate with using Webhooks. This is close to a level 4 but seeing as it does some of the hosting work for you it's making your life easier getting it a level 3.
- Built.io - This is an interesting platform that does drag and drop integrations along with the ability to host custom code. It makes your life easier by doing the hosting for you and providing some nice drag and drop integrations.
- Ultimate in business logic customization
- Ability to use open source frameworks and platforms (Nodejs, Node-Red, Spark Flint, etc.)
- Access to all sorts of API providers (Google, Facebook, Salesforce, etc.)
- Lots of hosting choices (AWS, Heroku, Azure, etc.)
- Too much choice leading to analysis paralysis.